The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is an autonomous institution under the Dept. of School Education and Literacy, MHRD, Government of India. The institute is committed to quality education through open and distance learning mode upto pre-degree level. NIOS invites online application from eligible candidates
|SI No.||Name of the Post||Pay scale in the Pay Matrix||No. of Post(s)||Mode of Recruitment||Reservation Categories|
|Group-A 01||Director (Evaluation)||Level-13 (Rs.123100-215900) Revisedunder 7th CPC||01 (One)||Direct||OBC|
|02||Deputy Director (Academic)||Level-12 (Rs. 78800-209200) Revised under 7th CPC||02 (Two)||Deputation||NA|
|03||Deputy Director (Accounts)||Levl-12 (Rs.78800-209200) Revised under 7th CPC||01 (One)||Deputation||NA|
|04||Academic Officer (one post each in discipline as mentioned below#)||Level-10 (Rs.56100-177500) Revised under 7th CPC||11 (Eleven)||Direct||UR-5, OBC-3, SC-1, ST-1, EWS-1|
|Group-B 05||Assistant Audit Officer||Level-7 (Rs.44900-142400) Revised under 7th CPC||01 (One)||Deputation||NA|
|06||EDP Supervisor*||Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400) Revised under 7th CPC||37 (Thirty Seven)$||Direct||UR-18, OBC-11, SC-2, ST-1, EWS-5|
|Group-C 07||Junior Assistant*||Level-2 (Rs.19900-63200) Revised under 7th CPC||37 (Thirty Seven)||Direct||UR-19, OBC-8, SC-5, ST-1, EWS-4|
|SI No.||Name of the Post||No. of Post(s)||Age Limit|
|Group-A 01||Director (Evaluation)||01 (One)||Preferably below 52 Years|
|02||Deputy Director (Academic)||02 (Two)||Not exceeding 56 years on the closing date|
|03||Deputy Director (Accounts)||01 (One)||Not exceeding 56 years on the closing date|
|04||Academic Officer (one post each in discipline as mentioned below)||11 (Eleven)||Below 37 Years|
|Group-B 05||Assistant Audit Officer||01 (One)||Not exceeding 56 years on the closing date|
|06||EDP Supervisor*||37 (Thirty Seven)$||37 Years|
|Group-C 07||Junior Assistant*||37 (Thirty Seven)||27 Years|
|SI No.||Name of the Post||No. of Post(s)||Educational and other qualifications/experience|
|Group-A 01||Director (Evaluation)||01 (One)||
Essential1. At least second class Master’s Degree with 55% marks or B+
2. 10 years regular service in the scale of Level-11 of the pay matrix ( 67700-208700 revised under 7th CPC) (pre-revised 15600-39100 with G.P 6600 PB-3 as per 6th CPC) or (pre to pre-revised 10000- 325-15200) or 5 years of regular service in the pay scale of Level-12 of the pay matrix ( 78800-209200 revised under 7th CPC) (pre-revised 15600-39100 with G.P 7600 PB-3 as per 6th CPC) or (pre to prerevised 12000-375-16500) in any of the following fields.
i) Conduct of public examination at the Board or University level, work of confidential section (paper setting/confidential paper printing) examination reforms with particular reference to improvement of mechanics of examination, internal assessment, scholastic and non-scholastic achievement
ii) Planning,preparation and production of self learning materials/text books at pre-degree level especially for vocational/ professional courses,running of any reputed institute in Vocational Education/Training Approvedby AICTEor anyStateGovernment
iii) Educational Administration including HRD, training of teachers,running of any reputed school/collegelevelinstitution,management and finance of educational institutions, learnersupportsystem.
3. Organization of Seminars/Conferences and OrientationProgrammes.
1. Either a Doctorate Degree of an Indian or Foreign University or equivalent published research work of high standard.
2. Outstanding academic contribution in the field of distance education.
3. Post Graduate/Degree/Diploma in Management/ Teaching/Education.
4. Experience in an Open Learning/Distance Education Institution
|02||Deputy Director (Academic)||02 (Two)||
1. Officers from Central or State Government, Universities/SemiGovernment/Autonomous organizations, professional and research institutions and bodies holding analogous post on regular basis or with 5 years regular service in the scale of Level-11 of the pay matrix ( 67700-208700 revised under 7th CPC) (pre revised 15600-39100+GP 6600 PB-3 as per 6th CPC) or (Pre to pre- revised 10000-325-15200) with experience in any of the following:
i. Academic Administration, Research, Planning, Preparation and Production of Self Learning Materials/Text Books at the School Stage for Academic/Vocational subjects.
ii. Worked in any reputed Institute of Academic/Vocational Education/Training Centre approved by the AICTE or any State Government.
2. Second class Master’s Degree in any subject with at least 55% Marks.
3. Experience in organization of Seminars, Conferences and Orientation programmes for key personnel.
1. Experience in Open Learning /Distance Education.
2. Working knowledge of Computer operations.
3. Working knowledge of Hindi and English.
|03||Deputy Director (Accounts)||01 (One)||
1. On deputation from IA & AS or various central Government Accounts Services holding analogous posts or posts in the scale of level-11 of the Pay Matrix ( 67700-208700 revised under 7th CPC) (pre revised 15600-39,100+ G.P 6,600 PB-3 as per 6th CPC) or (Pre to Pre-revised 10000-325- 15200) with 5 years service in the grade on regular basis or 8 years in the grade of level-10 of the Pay Matrix ( 56100- 177500 revised under 7th CPC) (pre revised 15600-39100 with G.P 5400 PB-3 as per 6th CPC) or (Pre to pre-revised 8000-13500).
2. Working knowledge of Hindi/English and Computers.
|04||Academic Officer (one post each in discipline as mentioned below)||11 (Eleven)||Please click here to check the eligibity for this post|
|Group-B 05||Assistant Audit Officer||01 (One)||
1. 5 Years experience in Accounts/Audit in a Government/ Autonomous Organization in the scale of Level-6 of the pay matrix ( 35400-112400 Revised under 7th CPC) (pre revised 9,300- 34,800+ G.P. 4,200 PB–2 as per 6th CPC) or (Pre to pre-revised 5,500-9,000) or ( 6 years in Pre to pre-revised 5,000-8,000) or 8 years in the pay scale of Level-5 of the pay matrix ( 29200-92300 revised under 7th CPC) (pre revised 5,200-20,200 with G.P 2,800 PB-1 as per 6th CPC) or (Pre to pre-revised 4,500-7,000).
2. Working knowledge of computer operations.
3. Working knowledge of Hindi / English.
|06||EDP Supervisor*||37 (Thirty Seven)$||
1. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application/Hardware Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. 3 Years experience in programming and system Development in reputed big firms.
Officer of the Central Govt./Autonomous bodies/Research Institutes/Govt. Presses holding analogous posts on a regular basis or with 10 years experience in the scale of Level-4 of the pay matrix (25500-81100 as per 7th CPC) , (pre- revised 5200-20,200 with G.P 2,400 as per 6th CPC), on a regular basis or 6 years service in the scale of Level-5 (29200-92300 as per 7th CPC), (pre revised 5200-20200+ G.P 2,800/- (PB-II) as per 6th CPC)
|Group-C 07||Junior Assistant*||37 (Thirty Seven)||Essential
1. Senior Secondary froma recognizedBoard
2. Working on computers with a speed of not less than 6000 key depressions per hour
3. Working knowledge of Hindi and English
Desirable1. A Bachelor’s degree
2. A certificate course in Computer Application from recognized Institute
3. About 2 years experience of similar work in Government/Autonomous Bodies Educational Institution
Application Fee is to be paid online details of which is as under
|Sl. No||Classification of Post||Amount|
|01||Group 'A' (UR & OBC)||750.00|
|02||Group 'B' (UR & OBC)||500.00|
|03||Group 'C' (UR & OBC)||500.00|
|04||Group 'A' (SC& ST)||250.00|
|05||Group 'B' (SC& ST)||250.00|
|06||Group 'C'(SC& ST)||150.00|
Last date 17th May, 2019
Last date: 17th May, 2019
|Instructions & Recruitment Rules||Click Here|
|Payment details||Click Here|
|How to apply||Click Here|
|Documents required||Click Here|
|Recruitment Mode (Direct)||Apply Now|
|Recruitment Mode (Deputation)||Apply Now|
Candidate must have two (02) copies of his recent passport size photographs before applying for any post. Kindly note that only "ON LINE" applications shall be acceptable and application in any other form shall not be acceptable. While applying, the E-mail ID (Valid for at least 12 months) AND one alternate E-mail ID are mandatory fields, without which the application will not be registered.
STEP 1: Log on to http://www.nios.ac.in
STEP 2: Read the advertisement content carefully and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria of the post.
STEP 3: Click on the box "Apply Online", on line application form shall appear on the screen.
STEP 4: Fill up the online application form with your details. (Candidates are advised to take print of blank online form and fill it before actually entering the data online.)
STEP 5: Click the "SUBMIT" button. A unique registration no. shall appear on the screen, note this registration no.
STEP 6 : upload the necessary documents as mentioned at S.No. 1 above.
In case you face any difficulty in online registration inform us at: firstname.lastname@example.org